Are you an eligible complainant?
In the context of BCM’s business, “eligible complainants” are underlying investors in most funds managed by BCM who are individuals “acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession”.
Summary of BCM’s complaints handling procedure
• BCM’s Legal and Compliance Department (“L&C”) will deal with all complaints and ensure that the complainant is kept informed on the steps being taken to resolve the complaint. Contact: [email protected]
• Where practicable, L&C will respond to the complainant on the same day as the complaint is received to at least acknowledge receipt of the complaint and that it is being investigated.
• L&C will explore with staff members the validity and reasons for the complaint and, after a full analysis, promptly respond to the complainant with a fair, clear and not misleading assessment and explanation and, if appropriate, an apology and an assurance that steps have been taken to avoid a recurrence.
• L&C will also explore whether or not the complainant is claiming any loss and, if so, whether this is the responsibility of BCM or an outside agent and, if the latter, whether the agent was appointed by BCM, the complainant or another party.
• In the light of the above, L&C will discuss with the governing body of BCM what action and redress may be appropriate and whether or not compensation should be offered to the complainant and, if so, at what level.
• Within eight weeks, L&C will send a final response to the complainant (unless this has not been possible which will be explained to the complainant together with an indication of when it expects to provide its final response).
If the complaint is not resolved to the satisfaction of the complainant, the complainant may be entitled to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk).